Before finalizing the purchase and initiating the construction process of any structure, it is important to check with your local building authority and home owner’s association (HOA) to learn about any relevant restrictions or applicable requirements that may exist as well as to determine whether or not a building permit is necessary. If a building permit is mandatory, any needed drawings can be forwarded to you in a timely manner for inclusion with the application for this building permit once you advise our customer support team by phone at 800-660-4430 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assembly and FAQ
A perfectly level and square foundation is required for the proper installation of this DIY garden shed. Pouring a concrete footing is not essential for this purpose. Lightweight construction blocks, concrete slabs or posts are also suitable for the foundation. They need to be dug partially into the ground and levelled before installing the garden shed in order to assure that it remains stable.
Every DIY cabin includes an installation manual that shows the wall elements and describes the main installation steps. This installation manual is accessible under the cabin description link on the home page. All installation manuals are in English and Spanish.
An online video that explains the assembly process for the DIY cabin is also available.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is the assembly process difficult?
The assembly process is not difficult, but having some building knowledge is beneficial. The DIY cabin therefore provides an easy to follow and understandable installation manual that is included with the simple self-assembly kit.
Reading the instructions before beginning the assembly process is recommended as the installation manual contains a list of parts, step by step instructions, pictures and drawings. It is also suggested that the DIY cabin be painted or treated promptly after it is assembled. Paint or stain will serve to protect the new building from the adverse effects of weather conditions.
An online video that explains the assembly process is also available.
- How long will it take to complete the cabin assembly process?
Depending on the size of your cabin/structure and the type selected, assembly times will vary. Basic units should only take a day or two to construct, however larger, more complicated designs, could take three or more days to complete. For more information, please refer to the description for your specifically selected cabin.
Every cabin has an installation manual included with the simple self-assembly kit.
An online video that explains the assembly process is also available.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping & Delivery Details
Free Shipping – we are happy to provide free shipping within mainland US (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam)
Optional assembly is available for additional fees. Call or email for a quote email@example.com .
An additional option is to arrange your own pick up from our warehouse.
All of our products are shipped from our Tampa warehouse typically in 24-48 hours in working days (Monday thru Friday), after receiving cleared payment.
Specific delivery times will vary and customers will be contacted directly about the shipment. Customers are encouraged to inquire about shipment and delivery options before placing an order. Whole Wood Cabins offers refunds if delivery times and conditions are not acceptable for the customer, prior to the shipment leaving our warehouse.
It is required that the responsible person to receive the order is noted on the order form along with the correct email and phone contact information, and that this individual is available to receive and return any written and verbal correspondence.
It is essential that the responsible person be available and engage in correspondence with the Whole Wood Cabins representatives and/or the Warehouse Logistics Team once the product has been shipped to establish a delivery time to the provided destination as well as have the necessary equipment to support this delivery.
Please make sure your package has sustained no damage in transit and that your order was processed according to your specifications upon product receipt. For visibly damaged orders, please refuse your order, write “damaged” on the delivery receipt and contact Whole Wood Cabins promptly for a replacement product.
Once the product is available for delivery, the customer must make the necessary arrangements to take receipt of the product within three days from the initial contact. Following this three-day grace period, the customer will be subject to all actual shipping and storage costs as well as logistic and subsequent handling fees that incur as the product is otherwise retained in a warehouse.
The delivery service provided is the transport of a product from the truck to the curbside, loading dock, parking lot, driveway or to a location where the carrier can safely and legally back up according to the driver’s discretion. You will be responsible for unloading the items directly from the truck. Please ensure that you have the proper equipment and people available to assist in moving the product inside a building such as, but not limited to, a garage, house or business or onto a prepared outdoor space.
In the case of an attempted delivery with the inability to receive the product at the designated time, the customer will be subject to all fees, including but not limited to, handling and shipping as well as assume all risks for any damages to the product or lost shipment after the initial attempted delivery whereas Whole Wood Cabins will assume such risks when the first shipment is initiated to the client.
For residential deliveries the estimated delivery date is the day which the delivering terminal receives the shipment. Once the shipment is received delivery personnel will call to schedule a delivery appointment with the consignee/recipient.
Whole Wood Cabins keeps the right to charge extra fees for deliveries in case of high shipping cost.
- All of our products come with a manufacturer limited warranty that carries a 5-year guarantee to be free from defects in workmanship and materials.
- The warranty is valid for as long as the structure remains at the original address of delivery.
- Should the structure be relocated to a new destination, this warranty will be discontinued.
- Any customer concerns are addressed in a timely fashion. We take pride in taking care of our customers.
- Defects such as cracking, checking, rough surfaces, etc. are normal features of natural wood products. Quality inspection allows for natural characteristics to be present and do not affect the sturctural integrity of the product.
- Whole Wood Cabins LLC disclaims liability for damages caused by natural disasters, fire, vandalism, or storms with wind speeds exceeding 35 mph, thus excluding these causes from warranty coverage.
- Personal identification information such as, but not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and/or other contact information will not be sold or traded with a third-party.
- Our customer support team only has access to or can collect information that is voluntarily provided via email or other direct contact from you. Any disclosed information will not be sold or traded with a third-party.
- Your information will solely be used to provide you with a response regarding your reason for contact or inquiry. Your information will not be shared with any third-party entity outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, such as to ship an order.
- You may be contacted via email about future specials and new products or services as well as with regard to notifications for updates or changes in policy statements unless you request to unsubscribe from this service.
- By using this Website and voluntarily providing personal identification information, you indicate your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use the Website or voluntarily provide any personal identification information. Your continued use of this Website following any posted modifications to this policy likewise will be considered your acceptance of those changes.
If you are not satisfied with your cabin purchase, you may return the item in its original package (including all parts, manuals and etc.) within 14 days from the delivery date for an exchange or a refund.
The shipping charge for the return of the cabin will be deducted from the total refund.
All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. The original shipping fee is not refundable. Additionally, a standard shipping fee will be deducted from the refund for items purchased with a free shipping offer. Likewise, the customer must cover any return shipping costs. Similarly, if freight delivery was required for shipping an oversized item, the actual shipping fees will be deducted from the refund.
When a return is received, all items will be inspected and when applicable a replacement will be issued or a refund processed. In some instances, there may be a restocking fee calculated that will be deducted from the refund.
Returned or exchanged items must be unused, in new condition and with the original packaging. All initial parts and materials must accompany the returned or exchanged cabin. An additional 20% charge will be assessed above the cabin price on returns or exchanges without original boxes. The customer will also incur charges for any missing or damaged parts or materials.
If the return is a result of a company error or a defective cabin, a full refund will be provided including the complete cost of the merchandise as well as all applicable shipping charges.
Additionally, it is required that the responsible person to receive the order is noted on the order form along with the correct email and phone contact information, and that this individual is available to receive and return any written and verbal correspondence.
It is essential that the responsible person be available and engage in correspondence with the Whole Woods Cabin representatives and/or the Warehouse Logistics Team once the cabin has been shipped to establish a delivery time to the provided destination as well as have the necessary equipment to support this delivery.
Once the cabin is available for delivery, the customer must make the necessary arrangements to take receipt of the cabin within three days from the initial contact. Following this three-day grace period, the customer will be subject to all actual shipping and storage costs as well as logistic and subsequent handling fees that incur as the cabin is otherwise retained in a warehouse.
The customer will also incur an additional flat handling fee that represents 20% of the cost of order for return shipments from any third party storage location back to the Whole Wood Cabins factory warehouse.
In the case of an attempted delivery with the inability to receive the cabin at the designated time, the customer will be subject to all fees, including but not limited to, handling and shipping as well as assume all risks for any damages to the cabin or lost shipment after the initial attempted delivery whereas Whole Wood Cabins will assume such risks when the first shipment is initiated to the client.
Refunds for Deposits made on Back Ordered Items: 20% Deposits on Back Ordered Items that have been processed for shipment are Non-Refundable.
Refunds for Deposits on Custom Cabins: Deposits made on Custom Cabins are Non-Refundable.
Cancellations that occur prior to the shipment of any cabins from the East Coast warehouse may still be subject to fees associated with credit card processing and restocking.
** Please see the Return Policy for any cancellations that take place after the shipment of an order.
The following orders will be subject to all actual shipping fees: uncancelled orders prior to shipment that are successfully delivered, refused orders at the time of delivery that are redirected back to the East Coast warehouse and undelivered orders due to customer absence or unavailability at the time of delivery that are rerouted back to the East Coast warehouse.
Should the customer not agree with the return and/or cancellation policies, then the original order will remain intact; and the items will be delivered according to the original pricing agreement, specifications, terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay the agreed upon cabin price and applicable shipping fees.
Cancellation of an order must take place in writing or via e-mail.
Cabins that have been modified in any fashion are not subject to return. This includes, but is not limited to, items that have been painted, stained, used, weathered or broken. Items that have been altered in any manner from their original state are not returnable.
Electricity and Plumbing
Our cabins, sheds, gazebos and other structures can be upgraded by installing electricity and/or plumbing. It has become a popular trend to repurpose the larger multi-room cabin models into a kitchen and/or bathroom. Additionally, many of our cabins work superbly as a spa for a Jacuzzi and/or hot tub. If you wish to fit a Jacuzzi or hot tub into your structure, it must be fitted before the walls are constructed. Our panel cabins come prepared to have electricity installed. Please seek advice from a professional electrician and/or plumber in your community to create a customized kitchen and/or bathroom as well as for general wiring and piping for a beautifully appointed space that is highly functional.
Painting and Staining
Our cabins, sheds, gazebos and other top structures are supplied untreated unless you direct us otherwise whereas all foundation and terrace boards come pretreated. It is therefore advised that paint, stain or oil be applied to all natural hardwood structures soon after they are assembled. We recommend using natural wood preservative, treatment and protection products to maintain the eco-friendly essence of our whole wood products. This treatment of paint, stain or oil will serve to protect your new building against various weather conditions as well as add to the aesthetic design of the structure. Should you opt to have Whole Wood Cabins treat your building, XXXXX has a myriad of superb options for top of the line quality paint and sealants that are also eco-friendly. Please feel free to contact one of our Whole Wood Cabin representatives by phone at 800-660-4430 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how hardwood treatment prior to delivery can be a cost effective and time saving possibility.
Conditions for Cabins and used products
WWC is devoted to its customers‘ satisfaction regarding all of our products. Thus, WWC sells its cabins and used products at fairs and online. Besides a special price, the following conditions apply for cabins and used products:
- Due to previous use, cabins and used products may have signs of assembly or use, such as scratches, stains and wear.
- Due to previous use or displays on fairs, the product may differ from WWC’s original product specifications. If you are not sure of the specifications or features, please consult with one of the WWC’s representatives.
- If the product is bought during a fair, it will be delivered after the end date of that fair.
- The delivery time of cabins and used products may differ from the usual delivery times and is specified during the purchase.
- As the cabins and used products may have been assembled and dissembled on multiple occasions, WWC advises to use its professional assembly services at the destination of the delivery. If you decide to use WWC’s assembly services, please let WWC know about it during the purchase of the product.
- Cabins and used products may not include all minor assembly parts specified in the original package, such as screws or nails, but all the required minor assembly parts are generic and available in hardware stores. In case of uncertainty do not hesitate to contact one of WWC’s representatives.
- Cabins and used products may be delivered in different packaging. Please consult WWC to know how to preserve the product before assembly to ensure that weather or other environmental factors do not damage the product before assembly.
- WWC is not liable for changed specifications nor the resulting differences in use, practical and financial, of cabins and used products.
- Cabins and used products may have a different warranty from original products. Please consult WWC to know, which conditions apply to your product.
- WWC is not required to accept partial or full returns of cabins or used products. If you experience unexpected problems or uncertainties with your product, please contact WWC and the team will do their best to help you improve your experience.
- Show Cabins are sold with the understanding that they are in sellable condition. When we receive these cabins in our facility, we inspect them for resale and if they do not meet our Quality Standard we reserve the right to withhold them for sale. If this occurs and the unit has been sold, we will refund payment immediately upon this decision.
- Show Cabin delivery times can be different than New Products due to the restoration process.
We offer financing for our products through PayPal. To use PayPal credit to make a purchase, please proceed to the following link to either register or sign in to your account and follow the steps below:
Step 1: Apply for a line of credit.
You will know within seconds if you are approved.
Step 2: Once approved, log in to your account.
Step 3: Click on “PayPal Credit” along the left side of the “Summary” page.
Step 4: Click on “Make a Payment”.
Step 5: Click on "How much do you want to pay" to select a payment amount. Then choose how you want to pay, a payment date and click "Continue".
Step 6: Review your payment details and click the button to submit your payment.
Deferred Payment & Backordered items
For products that are on backorder in our factory warehouse, clients have the option to pay a nonrefundable 20% security deposit at the time of the order placement with the 80% balance due within 2 weeks prior to your estimated delivery date. You will receive invoice details through email to finalize your purchase.
Additionally, clients have the option to pay 100% of the purchase price at the time of order placement for products on backorder in our factory warehouse. You will receive details through email with the expected delivery date once the order has been sent. Products coming from our factory warehouse generally take a few weeks longer to arrive.
Typically Backordered items ship within 4 to 8 weeks.
We only accept Cashier’s Checks or Certified Checks.
For any questions please email: email@example.com